Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Commercials Are Ruining My Songs

I'm watching the VH1 Classics A-Z 80's Videos marathon.
Which is pretty cool.
I love my 80's tunes.
It is my era after all.

As I write, they are playing Bananarama-" Venus".
Great!

What's the problem?

Now, I hear the song and all I think of that Venus razor commercial.

Why do they do this to me?

"Melt With You" by Modern English is now part of a Burger King commercial.
Grrrr!

"Revolution" by the Beatles now makes me think of Nike.
I really liked that song too.

For God's sake Carnival Cruises used Queen's "You're My Best Friend".
You just don't mess with Queen. Ok I am sure the remaining live members made out pretty good.
But still.
It's Queen and now its in a commercial.
That's just not cool.

So many good songs and I hate that now they are irrevocably attached to companies and brands.

It saddens me.
Terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.