Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Don't Need No Stinkin' Tips!



So, I signed up for a newsletter a few days back on being thrifty.

I don't know what I was thinking.

I guess that maybe I'll learn something else I don't know.

But, two days in and I am already wondering about my thinking on the day I signed up.

Day 1 tip.
Go a day without spending money. No coffee, no lunch out. Take everything with you. And no shopping.

That's not a tip.
That is common sense.

Every one knows that the best way to save money is not to spend money.

Isn't that the way it is supposed to go?

Second tip was to clean out your closet for consignment or donate them for a tax deduction.
And don't put clothes into a monthly budget. You don't need to buy clothes monthly.

Again something I already know.

In fact, I can go years without buying new clothes.
Course I am not a fashion diva.
But, I do clean up OK, anyway.

Maybe I need to start a newsletter on thrifty tips.

How hard can it be?

Don't spend money today.
Don't buy clothes this month.
Walk across the street to the store, instead of driving.
Save by not buying kleenex. Blow your nose on toilet paper. Or save more, by using your hand.

I know the last was icky, but I just HAD to go there.

See, I have some fabulous ideas.

They're all just up there churning around dying to get out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.