Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

So Long Ronnie



Ronnie James Dio died Sunday morning at 7:45. The date- May 16, 2010.
He was 67.

He had stomach cancer.
He put up a good, long fight.

For anyone that doesn't know Ronnie James Dio is a legend in the heavy metal world.
He replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath.
He was in a band named Elf.
He was in the band Rainbow.

He was the one that made the "devil's horn" hand gesture popular.

What I find extremely sad is that I have seen very little mention about his death anywhere.
I know that the news pick and choose who is worthy of mention.

But, for God sakes, Brett Michaels was mentioned everywhere. He never died and his talents are almost non-existent when compared to Mr. Dio.

I am not surprised, but it always makes me sad that one persons health and death always will seem more important than another's.

Believe me, I am more saddened by this than by Anna Nicole Smith or Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.