Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Busting Out The Grill

It is Memorial Day(observed) after all.

Yesterday was the traditional before EVERY holiday had to get moved to Monday so governments and banks could get a three day weekend.

They'd move Thanksgiving and Christmas too if they could.
I know it.
You know it.
Trust me, deep down YOU do know it.

I love to grill and today is a great day to do it.
Memorial Day just screams that it must be done.

After all isn't that what Memorial Day is all about?

Well, except for honoring fallen soldiers and sticking flags on graves.

When I was a kid, we didn't do anything.
No flags or visits to cemeteries.
No grilling out or camping.

God, I was deprived wasn't I?

I just remember it as a day off from school.

Mondays was a laundry day for Mom.
Can't disturb the laundry day.
I don't have a set laundry day so it moves around as I like it too.

But today we are going to grill.
I already have my potato salad in the fridge.
Just doing the hot dogs today.

The one and truly only great way to eat a hot dog.
I can even stand the cheap, crappy dogs if they are cooked over a grill.

I get Hebrew Nationals though.
I am not eating cow butts, thank you very much.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day!

I may be back later on, maybe not.
I am subject to whims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.