Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Paybacks Baby, Paybacks!

I am sure at some point or another we have all been embarrassed by one or both of our parents.

So, I think it is inevitable that this will happen now that I am a parent of a teen.
Not sure how or when.
But, someday I will embarrass her.

But, the one great thing my daughter has ever done for me is to give it back to my mom.

She just totally embarrassed the shit out of my mom at the ripe old age of two.
In public, no less.
It was great.

I have never seen Mom turn all red and not know how to respond.

It's not like we were in a huge department store in a big city.
It was my hometown, which is pretty small.

But, it was in Ben Franklin and there were other people in there.
So, there was potential for others to hear.

We all fart.
It's a normal bodily function.

Some people fart a lot more than others.
My mom is "some people".

Anyway, we were walking around Ben Franklin and Mom farted.
Not a small one either.

And you know two year olds.
They just put it right out there.

She looked right at my mother and said" Grandma, you farted!"

It's not like she could deny it.

I think she'd have preferred other people never noticed or didn't realize it was her.
Kiddo blew either option right out of the water.

To this day, I have never forgotten how I had to try real hard not to laugh.

I can't even count the number of times she has embarrassed me over the years.
When, you are twelve, the last thing you want to do is walk down the street and have your mom start talking loudly about periods and maxi pads.

Paybacks, Baby!

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.