Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Come on Get Happy!

I just read something very disturbing.

Antidepressants are the most prescribed drug in the United States.
And that many people really are not benefiting from them since they don't have severe enough depression problems.

Not that some people don't need to take them.
I used to take them, but I didn't like the side effects.

It was nice feeling happy or less angry and depressed about things, but sometimes not feeling all the feelings that I have just seemed like I was just numbing myself.

What scares me to know that that many people are taking antidepressants makes me think about why.

There are other things to try before taking a pill.
But taking a pill is easier.

Now, I am not talking about everyone taking antidepressants. I do know some people that seriously need the help.

But, other people don't.
Not really.

You can try diet changes.
Too much sugar, caffeine, or certain additives may be harmful mentally.

Try a journal or talking to people.

Go out.
Just out of the house.
Maybe even just a walk by yourself.

Life is not a piece of cake.
We can't be happy ALL the time.

Thinking we need to be is just unrealistic.

The reality is.
A lot of things suck.

We just need to learn to accept things as they are.

I don't think life is supposed to be about being happy all the time.
I think it's about being content with things and getting the chance to be happy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.