Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Worth Mentioning

What makes something worth mentioning?

Why is one town more important?
Why is one person more important?

The other day I posted pictures of the start of some flooding along Highway 14 between Newton and Monroe.
I posted pictures of water starting to trickle into Reasnor because of the flooding of the Skunk River.

I personally would like to know how bad it got and if it is still flooding.

But, no.

The news mentions Colfax and than skips all the other roads and towns along the river until Oskaloosa.

No offense to Oskaloosa residents, but so the hell what.

Just because the towns are dinky and areas are rural it doesn't make it any less important.

People live there.
Farmers grow crops.
People take these roads to shop or go to work.

And I for one would like to know what is going on.

I can't always just drive over there.
Specially since some roads were being closed when I was last over there.

Not finding anything out from anywhere.

Who decides?
Who chooses what is "newsworthy"?
Beats the crap outta me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.