Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Positively Medieval!

So, I have been having some problems with my back.

To the point that I wasn't sleeping more than 5 or 6 hours at a timewithout having to get out of bed.

So, I finally went to the doctor.

Big mistake!

Mind you, this was not a chiropractor.
Just your run of the mill GP.

But, he decides that my back is out of alignment and I need a treatment.
Said something about rollers and said the nurse would come in.

I was completely confused, but he didn't mention back popping so I just waited.

The nurse comes in and takes the middle out of the table I was sitting on and it had what looked like barbell weights inside.
She instructed me to lay over the space and than turned the table on.

Those weight looking things were the rollers and they rolled up and down my spine, causing my body to move all funky.
Break dancing, horizontally!

No super painful
But not the most pleasant thing to have happened in my life.

So, this went on for 10 minutes.

So, I thought- Good to go.
Nice waste of my money and time.

But, the doctor comes back in and starts checking me over and than he freakin' pops the hell out of one side of my neck.
That hurt.
I said so and he's just like" that's cause you weren't expecting it".
He tries to do the other side, but that wouldn't pop.
But, strangely enough, my neck doesn't feel right.

I was not happy about this.

I never asked him to start popping things.
I guess I am naive, but since he didn't mention popping earlier I didn't think that was part of the plan.

Now, he tells me to take advil and if I still have pain to come back in 7-10 days.

Like I am going to let him do that to me again.

No, thank you.
I am not into pain.

Do you know, popping my neck like that he could have killed me?
Just one wrong move and bam!
My neck is all broked.

Explain that to my husband and daughter out in the waiting room, Mr. Knowitall Doctor!

Not into torture thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.