Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Please, Please, Please! Let Me Be Good Enough!

OK
So, I am sure you probably know that I do surveys for extra dough.
Think it has been mentioned.
But, if not, now ya know.

Surveys are great if you have some great sites that are actually true survey sites and not answer yes or no and sign up for a bunch of newsletters you don't really want.

They are also great if you can pass the qualifying stage.

Which for some sites (Mindfield Online) are almost impossible to do. And any surveys I have been offered from them are pretty pathetic.

I got an email the other day from some site that mentioned about 5 or 10 years back people could make thousands of dollars a month doing surveys. But now so many people do them that we are lucky to make a couple hundred.

Wow, I wish I was in on it from the beginning.

But, it took me a long time to find sites that were more than just sites giving you a list of places to go sign up for.

Now, I am just hoping for surveys and being able to qualify.

Especially the ones that are high paying. Or the product evaluations.
I love those.

I really hate that question at the beginning.
You know.
The one that asks if you have done any type of market research panels in the last 3 months.
Like what the hell are you gonna say?

Cause if you say yes, I just did one two hours ago you don't get to do the survey.

Why is that question even on there?

Let's be honest here.
If everyone answered completely honest on the question no one would be able to do more than 4 surveys a year and payouts would never be reached.

Which brings me to the next bone I have to pick with most survey sites.

What is with having to reach payout?
Saying it has to do with incentive to keep you with the survey site.

But some sites don't have surveys available too often so it can takes months to reach that elusive payout.

And once you do, you have to wait up to two months to get your money.

Incentive has nothing to do with it.
The payout threshold is for the company.
They make damn sure they have their money first.

Plus, I have a hunch they do it so they don't have to pay so much.
If you have a payout and it is taking forever to reach it, you just might get tired of waiting and close your account.
So they get to keep all the money that you just earned.

Even if it is only $10, with enough people doing that, it can add up.

So, I advise never closing your account til after you have made at least 1 payout.
Why should they get to keep your money?

That is why I still have some accounts open.
I plan to reach payout and reevaluate whether or not I should stay with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.