Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weren't You Supposed To Be Talking To ME?

I am starting to think that believe ANYONE is allowed to have a phone ( or use one) they need to be required- yes, required- to take a phone etiquette class.

When I call you, I talk to you
and when you call me,
You talk to me.

That is the way it is supposed to work.

I understand emergencies and phone calls.

But, really if you are calling just to talk do it when you are not doing something else.
Don't talk to everyone.
Or your cat.
I am right here!
You called me, remember?

And if I call you and it isn't a good time, tell me.
Don't start talking and than talk to others.
Or keep saying "just a minute".

It's rude.

That's what I said.

I don't know why some people think it is perfectly OK.

I don't care that you called me and it is your dime.

I don't care that I called you and you are in the middle of something.
That's where you say "Can I call you back?"

I really don't get it.

It is like they are thinking " They can't see me so it must be OK."

Really? Can people really be that clueless?
I'm thinkin' so.

I'd like to think that they just don't REALIZE that they are acting rudely.
Maybe I just don't want to acknowledge to myself that they know what they are doing.

Either way it is still not kosher in Ruthland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.