Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

But, I Don't Want To Get Older

Why is it when you're a kid you can't wait to get older.

Once you're about 21 or so, you don't care.

And once you're oldER, you want to stop the clock.

Not, that I feel like I am getting old.
I do feel a little older than 20 years ago.
But, I don't feel old.

It's just that when I was a teen my parents were 40 and if I turn 40 I am gonna be like my parents.
And my parents are NOT cool at all.

But, I am cool.( Do uncool people listen to Disturbed? I didn't think so.)
And cool people don't get old.

My daughter tells me once I turn 40 I will officially be old.

But, how can I be old if I am cool?

I can't.
So, therefore I am not getting old.

I will turn 39 on Friday and no more birthdays for me.

That is just how it is going to be.

Kiddo tells me I can't not have anymore birthdays.
Well, she can't call me old.

So, I guess we are at an impasse.

Honeyman is 41 so he is old.
But, he has said he felt like an old man 5 years ago.
That's different.

He feels old, I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.