Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

OK, so my birthday is coming up on Friday.
Whoo!

So, anyway it has been a long standing tradition that the birthday person gets to decide what to have for their birthday dinner.

Not go out to eat.
I make it.

For Kiddo, it was taco pizza.
Recipe on yummy stuff, if you'd like to try it.
We also had sour cream chocolate cake and bittersweet chocolate ice cream.

For Honeyman, it was seafood primavera.
And a small chocolate cake.

Now, I have to figure out what I want.

Last year, I did simple and grilled out.

Not sure what I want this year.

Chicken enchiladas sound good.
But I don't know.

I am not good planning ahead for meals.

I read everywhere to plan meals for two weeks or even a month.
Yeah.
That doesn't work for me.

I am more
Buy the stuff and make it when I feel like it.

Exceptions are when buying fresh mushrooms.
You have to use them up soon after buying.

I usually don't even know what I am making for dinner/supper/whatever you want to call it until at least 3 in the afternoon.
Sometimes not even til 5:30 and than mealtime may or may not be on time.

The defrost button on the microwave is my best friend.
I know.
How sweet!

Maybe I need to start going through all my cookbooks and try something new.
That would be good.

OK.
Now I have a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.