Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

United We Stand, Divided We Fall

I am wondering whatever happened to that.

Now it seems to be
Either you are with us or you are against us.

We are not just Americans.
We are democrat or republican.
We are liberal or conservative.
We are Christians or we're going to hell.

I, for one, am sick of it.

Everyone just picks and picks and picks.
It drives me nuts.
No party is perfect.
No religion is perfect.

Nothing EVER gets done because no one wants to meet at some sort of common ground.
It is either their way or the highway.

You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.
Arguing and bad mouthing is not going to get anything accomplished.

I really hate listening to any of these political commentators.
Doesn't matter who.
They all spin things to make them sound like a different viewpoint is evil.

You have to go look it up to separate bullshit from fact.

And many religions are the same.
The different religions all look at theirs as the one true religion and all people need to believe in that one and not others.

Religion is a belief.
Pure and simple.
It is the belief in a higher power.
It's in the dictionary.

Catholic, Jewish, Pagan, or Muslim.
It doesn't matter.
It is still believing in a higher power.

And no one can say they are 100% right, because they haven't died to meet their maker yet.

I don't know when it happened, or if I just notice more.
I don't know why.
But, people just seem less tolerant of each others beliefs.

Maybe it is just how our country is.

We finally look on other races as good enough to eat and drink in the same room with us so we need to find other things to divide everyone up.

I think that is pretty God Damn pathetic, but I guess it's the American way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.