Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Really Shouldn't Have Read That

Do you ever wish you didn't know something?

Yes, knowledge is power.

But, sometimes it gives you the EWW factor as well.

Today, I was label reading on the bag of bread.

When you read all the ingredients that you can't even pronounce it really makes you not want to eat that bread again.

Maybe, just maybe, I need to start baking all of our bread.

I don't put diglycerides or ethoxylated things in it.

Do you know what that means?

I don't know what that means.

I read somewhere that if you can't pronounce the ingredients and have no clue what they are, you really shouldn't be eating that product.

But, at the end it tells you the bread contains wheat and soy.

Duh.
Those two ingredients are clearly listed and easy to read and pronounce.

No mention of the stuff I don't understand.

That is most likely on purpose.

They don't want you to know what you are putting in your body.

They just tell you breads are good for you and that's all you really need to know.

I am somewhat curious about what these things are, but once again not sure how much I really do want to know.

After all, I have been ingesting this bread or ones similar for many years.

It's probably something that will do us all in.

Shhhh, don't eat the bread, it has funny sounding stuff in it.

Plus, have you ever smelled it?
Sometimes it has a smell to it I don't like.
Might be the vinegar.

Why put vinegar in bread?
Who knows?

But, I always love the smell of freshly baked bread.
No vinegar smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.