Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Once a Vegetarian

Oh, yes.
That was me.
Back in the day.

I decided to become full on vegetarian.
Actually, at first it was total vegan.

But, do you know how hard it was to find something to eat in a restaurant?
And with my work schedule, I had to eat out.

So, I let that go and just went vegetarian.

I even got my mother to start buying plain spaghetti sauce and not put meat in it.
No small feat.

After a couple years, I started wanting chicken.
I thought long and hard and ended up at Hardees ordering a chicken sandwich.

That was the end of my experiment.

But, even many years later, I could be happy with very little meat.

I've made some great veggie patties and some awesome mushroom and cheese burgers.

I don't think I could ever do vegan again.

Cause I loves the cheese.

Soy cheese is not all it's cracked up to be.

4 comments:

  1. Chicken is the only meat I eat, I'll never go vegetarian or vegan though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I could handle eating only chicken.

      Delete
  2. My brother in law and his wife were vegetarians a few years back for many a year. They would eat fish. He ate so much fish he got mercury poison so he had to stop eating fish and they went back to eating chicken and occasionally beef.

    I like my protein; hard to get it all with cheese, so I like my meat :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, that's too bad about the mercury poisoning. Getting enough protein is important.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.