Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Quite Possibly

I really don't know where I am going with this or what I am going to write.

Q has always been a toughy for me.
Quite possibly, the toughest.

Why not X?
I don't know.

Where does the word quite come from?
It means completely OR actually OR to a considerable extent.
It is Middle English.

Is there a High English or Low English?
I've never heard of either.
Does anyone know?

Anyway....

Possibly means it could happen.

So, quite possibly means it could happen completely or to a considerable extent.
That's kinda broad isn't it?

Quite possibly.

This is quite possibly the most interesting thing I have heard.
Am I intrigued?
Maybe.
Maybe not.

You be the judge.

12 comments:

  1. And "quite" can get you quite a few points in Scrabble. If you play your tiles right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, I will have to remember that. I never seem to draw a q though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite possibly quite is just there to make us ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People sometimes confuse quiet and quite, meaning quite when they type quiet and the opposite way. Q can be a hard letter to write about indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quit quite completely.

    Q is a pain in the azz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, but at least you thought of quarts. I can and that never occurred to me.

      Delete
  6. Q and Z are two of the main reasons I always hesitate to do this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, One year I ended up looking through the dictionary.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.