Monday, April 20, 2015

Quite Possibly

I really don't know where I am going with this or what I am going to write.

Q has always been a toughy for me.
Quite possibly, the toughest.

Why not X?
I don't know.

Where does the word quite come from?
It means completely OR actually OR to a considerable extent.
It is Middle English.

Is there a High English or Low English?
I've never heard of either.
Does anyone know?

Anyway....

Possibly means it could happen.

So, quite possibly means it could happen completely or to a considerable extent.
That's kinda broad isn't it?

Quite possibly.

This is quite possibly the most interesting thing I have heard.
Am I intrigued?
Maybe.
Maybe not.

You be the judge.

12 comments:

  1. And "quite" can get you quite a few points in Scrabble. If you play your tiles right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, I will have to remember that. I never seem to draw a q though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite possibly quite is just there to make us ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite sure you are right, Pat.

      Delete
  4. People sometimes confuse quiet and quite, meaning quite when they type quiet and the opposite way. Q can be a hard letter to write about indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quit quite completely.

    Q is a pain in the azz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, but at least you thought of quarts. I can and that never occurred to me.

      Delete
  6. Q and Z are two of the main reasons I always hesitate to do this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, One year I ended up looking through the dictionary.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.