Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Changes


Change changing places
Root yourself to the ground
Capitalize on this good fortune
One word can bring you round
Changes
- Yes

Big changes going on in my world

Some good
some not so good

I have committed myself to taking better care of myself.
Eating more fruit and grains.
Cooking with olive oil.
Drinking plenty of water.

That and I am exercising.
Exercise is not my strong suit
but I am doing my best.

I am not a fan of drinking water
but so far so good.

Whatever I am doing, it seems to be working.
I am not so tired and just blah.

I do miss baking though.
I love to bake.

When I am stressed
I can go in the kitchen and just bake and my brain forgets it's pissed at the world.

But, in the end it's a good thing.
A good change.

I still can bake, just don't need to as often
and it's for the best.

Let 'em eat fruit!

So, that's the good changes.
What about the bad?

My big sis was diagnosed with diabetes over the weekend.
Now she has to make all these changes.
Tough changes.

So many things that she doesn't have a choice about if she wants to stay healthy.

When I think about it, I don't know that I could handle that type of change very well.
I'd probably curl up into a ball and cry for days.
I'm thinking The Golden Corral buffet would be out of the question.
Not that I eat there.
Just saying- too many carb foods to tempt me.

I hope I never have to.

It runs in the family though.
So, I may have to someday.

I am going to do some looking and researching diabetic recipes and putting them on Yummy Stuff.
And if anyone knows of any good diabetic friendly foods please leave me a comment or send an email.
I would appreciate it very much.

When you make a change, it's so much easier when it is your choice.
Knowing you can still eat junk if you want.

Diabetics can still eat junk.
I have an inlaw that is a prime example of exactly how a diabetic should NOT eat.

But, if you want to stay as healthy as possible it really isn't a choice.
You do what the doctors tell you.

And it totally sucks.

But, they caught it before she started having any health problems related to it so that a good thing.

Some changes in life are good.
Some changes in life are bad.
But, nothing can ever stay the same forever.

I just need to be grateful for all that I have.
Because who knows when change is a comin'.

2 comments:

  1. My parents have been doing Atkins for years. THey make fauxtatoes. they are so good you wont miss mashed potatoes. You just steam cauliflower till its soft then put it in the blender or food processor and add all the stuff you love in your mashed potatoes. Oh and instead of using sour cream you can use plain or greek yogurt and you can hardly notice the difference.


    I am sorry your family is having a hard time.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.