Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday- Songs I Really Can't Stand

I love music.
I think everyone does.

There are styles I don't really like.
Crap.
Uh, I mean RAP.

I don't like a lot of country.
Some is OK.
But, if it has a steel guitar in there somewhere you can forget it.

I love the Eagles.
But the songs with a steel guitar: uh-uh.

But, no matter the genre or the singer there are bad songs.
It's unavoidable.

There are some people I can't stand because I think they sound awful.
Willie Nelson.

There are others that  every single song sounds like every other one they have done.
Bruce Hornsby and the Range.

This isn't about the artist though.
It's all about the song.
And in my mind, crappy songs.

Ten Songs I Really Can't Stand

1. "Umbrella" by Rhianna.
  I really, really hate this song.
Rhianna, I don't want to shine together and the Canadians want their ehs back.

2. "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" by Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson.
  This song was such a big hit. Why?
I don't know. Not a fan of Julio and Willie sucks.

3. "Country Boy" by Aaron Lewis.
  Love Staind and Aaron Lewis can sing.
But this song is just too twangy for me.

4. "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth" by Willow Smith.
  Never been a fan of a kid that sings unless they actually sound grown up and amazing.
Plus, this song is just plain annoying.
But, Fresh Prince is proud so my bleeding out my ears is inconsequential.

5. "Blah, Blah, Blah" by Ke$ha
  First of all, get a real title. Blah, blah, blah- what is that?
I just can't get past the title.

6. "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.
  Decent music, bad lyrics.
Am I the only one that was unsure of her sex even with the video?

7. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
  Once again, good music but very stupid lyrics. It just makes no sense.
Too many songs are that way.

8. "Something in Your Mouth" by Nickelback.
  I love Nickelback.
This song is just awful.
I am not against strippers. I do think a song about a stripper that sucks her thumb is dumb.

9. "The Day That Never Comes" by Metallica
     Extremely disappointing from a good band. I think they need to retire cause quality isn't as good. But, they're not cause they are working on a collaboration with Lou Reed. yay

10. "The Only Exception" by Paramore
   I like Paramore. I really do. But if all their ballads sound like this, they need to cut it out.
It almost hurt to hear that woman try and sing that. I don't know if anyone could help the song though.


Do you have any songs that you just don't like?

10 comments:

  1. That S & M song by Rhianna where she likes whips and chains and the smell of sex (ewwwwwwww) excites her. Didn't Chris Brown beat the crap out of her?
    S & M for me and Mrs. Penwasser is when we turn the air conditioner off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I just realized after reading your post? That I am stuck in a time warp as far as music is concerned. I don't know about 70% of the songs you list, and some of the artists are total unknowns to me. Ugh, I'm old. That said, I can't stand country or rap also. Likewise for Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias, though at least Julio can sing. Willie Nelson needs to go get a haircut and a major face lift.
    I love the Eagles too (whew, somebody I know), but my heart has always been with Billy Joel and classical. Rhianna needs to have her head examined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al, Chris Brown is a turd with a temper. But he has a great voice when he chooses to sing. I tend to think of Rhianna as a glorified stripper- at least in her videos.
    It does indeed suck.

    Alex, doesn't everybody love the Eagles?
    I love Billy Joel too. Classical is nice when I am in the mood for it.
    I have to say I hear more of these people than I'd like to due to living with a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good (as in very bad) list. I agree with you and Al about Rhianna's music too. Here she couldn't done much as an advocate against domestic violence. Instead, she condones it through her music.
    I also hate any "music" that consists of yelling not singing.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin, Thank you. I also agree with you about the yelling/singing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willow Smith just shows how smart some idiots are. I know the lyrics. And that's really hard. Yup, it's called Crap xDD Retards Attempting Poetry xDDI can't stand "Firework/KatyPerry" Because she obviously wants all of us to explode into flames and die. I don't get it. xDD

    Umbrella/All Time Low is better xDD
    I can't stand Rolling in the Deep/Adele. I don't know why. That song is just plain annoying. xDD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat, I like Retards Attempting Poetry. I will have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on most rap, but even that I can be across-the-board critical as I have heard a few performances that I kind of like. Not sure where your steel guitar aversion comes from--maybe you haven't heard enough of the right stuff.

    Don't like "Who Let the Dogs Out?" (cringe) or other such novelty songs that are dumb.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Lee, you are right . I can go for some Beastie Boys.
    I just have never liked the sound of the steel guitar.
    They used to play "Who Let the Dogs Out" all the time. Is that about feet? Anyway, I am glad they quit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.