Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mentioning My Unmentionables

I have been picked by Al Penwasser over at Penwasser Place to write a meme.

An underwear meme.

By the way, why did underwear used to be called unmentionables?
Everyone knew what an unmentionable was so just by saying the word "unmentionable" you are in fact mentioning them.

Anyway....
On to the meme.

1. What do you call your undergarments?  Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
That all depends on who I am talking to. To the Honeyman, they are underwear. If I am referring to them as as a whole, they are underwear. If I am talking about a specific item of mine or Kiddo's, I say bras or panties.
See, I'm versatile.

2. Have you ever had that supposedly common dream of being in a crowded place in only your underwear?
Maybe. I really couldn't tell ya. I seldom remember my dreams and if I do, I never look down to see what I have on.

 3. What is the worst thing you can think of to make panties out of?
Something very pokey. Like porcupine quills or thorns. Can you imagine trying to sit down? The thought truly pains me.

4. If you were a pair of underwear, what color would you be, and WHY?
According to women's lingerie catalogs, nude is a color. So, I am going to go with that.
Why? Because it sounds good to me.

 5. Have you ever thrown your underwear at a rock star or other celebrity?  If not, which one(s) WOULD you throw your underwear at, given the opportunity?
No, can't say I ever have. That's a little unsanitary. I might give a laundry basket of unmentionables to Kelly Rippa. According to all the commercials, she loves to do laundry.

6. You’re out of clean underwear.  What do you do?
I have a couple of scenarios. I will rummage through Honeyman's drawer to find something that will fit. Or, I go commando until I get a load of laundry done.

 7. Are you old enough to remember Underoos?  If so, did you have any?  Which ones? 
What?

 8. If you could have any message printed on your underwear, what would it be?
It's All Good!

 9. How many bloggers does it take to put underwear on a goat?
Since bloggers are a smart lot, I'm gonna say one. Just use some patience and it can be done.
Slip a sedative into the goat's food. Wait until it takes effect. Make sure it is good and strong so the goat won't wake up.
Carefully, but quickly, put the underwear on the goat. 
See? Easy peasy.

Now, I am supposed to challenge others to do their own underwear meme.
Who to pick. Who to pick.
Al went with five bloggers so I will follow his example.

Jamie at Everyone Thinks I Can Fix It 

Alex from The Life and Times of A. Nighbert 

Belle at Tales From a Loser Who is Sometimes a Winner 

Mynx from Dribble...

Rick at Life 101

 
 ****************************************************
And now, I am going to bed.
         



15 comments:

  1. Well Ruth - Thanks. I think. :P

    I will make it my next post, or possibly the one after. LOL

    Happy Sunday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or I guess you could kill the goat. Never thought of that. But, in that case, why bother with the underwear? Time for a goat sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, You're welcome. :)
    Try and enjoy the day too!

    Al, You can't kill the goat.That would mean no more goat's milk for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove your number 8. Underoos??? Al must be a lot older that the rest of us. What are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK- so I didn't know Underoos were a real thing? Because I call Jackson's underwears his underoos. Who knew I'm subconsciously... super smart?

    But when I was a kid I remember having the days of the week underwear and getting SO mad if my mom didn't have them washed in time for that day. Oh! And I had Jem underwear! Does anyone remember Jem? The rockstar Barbie knock off???? Oh man. I'd like some Jem grown up underwear. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne, Thanks. I think they are just a brand of underwear.

    Sara, I thought they were just a cute name for underwear too.
    I had days of the week underwear too. I don't remember Jem though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ruth, I'll have to give it some thought and try to come up with something clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rick, I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done, Ruth. I really like your Kelly Rippa response. We should all send her our undies. She'd be ecstatic.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Robyn. First it was those Tide to Go pens. Now it's washers. So, who better to take care of laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL. I see you've been tagged by the panty meme. I'm so glad to see this is still going around. Liked your idea of being patient with the goat. Will check out your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what underoos are. I was going to have to google it before I write my post for this meme, but now I don't feel so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laila, Thanks.

    Mama, I had heard the word. I didn't know they were extra special underwear though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Killing the goat wouldn't be so baaaaaaaddddddddddd.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. But Al, Think of all the goat can do for you.
    Pen him up in the yard and you have a nice lawnmower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.