Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ten Things Tuesday- TV Show Names

Do you ever wonder where some people get their ideas when they name a TV show?
Some I understand.
Some I just don't get.

That's this week's Ten Things Tuesday. It's a list of TV show names that are weird.

1. Top Hooker
     It's a fishing reality show. Really, it sounds like a show about the best prostitute. Last week I saw an advertisement for it and they said "See which top hooker is going down!". I am sure if she is paid enough, she will. I just can't make this stuff up.

2. Graceland
     I am not sure what this is about, but something tells me it isn't Elvis.

3. The Real Housewives of ___________.
     Insert whatever place you want. I might be wrong, but don't a lot of these women have businesses or never do normal housewifey things?

4. The Willis Report
     Yes, it's a serious show. When I see the title, in my head I hear " What chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

5. Two and a Half Men
     I have never been a fan of this show. The kid is not funny or cute and Jon Cryer's character is so annoying. I used to like Jon Cryer. In fact, he was the ONLY redeeming quality of the movie Pretty in Pink.
OK, half a man cause he's a kid. Still lame. Now, he's not a kid and from what I have read, he is not on the show half the time anymore.

6. Design on a Dime
     I wish. What I consider an inexpensive remodel and what the people in this show do are two very different things.

7. Tanked
     Sadly, this show is not about people that are so drunk(and funny) they should be in the drunk tank.
This show is about people that make fancy fish tanks. I have one question. WHY?

8. Loaded
     Once again, not a show about booze. Or guns. It's a show on the weather channel. I guess it's about trucking. On the weather channel.

9. Beer Money
     What? These two guys go to bars and ask people trivia questions and pay them if they answer right. I guess that makes sense, but it's still a weird name.

10. Cat Chat
     OK, who thought this was a show about cats? It's a religious show. Cat is short for catholic.

**********************************************
Have a great Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. never liked two and half men much either. The kid started to lose her marbles as an adult. Sheen must of taught him that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam, I always wondered why that show did so good in the ratings.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to make a show where Catholics chat to cats. It might be quite interesting to see how the cats respond to the doctrine of original sin and all that stuff. I reckon the cats would support the Pope on condoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorilla Bananas, I bet they'd be great during an exorcism too.

      Delete
  3. Two and a Half Men blows. It was mildly humorous when Charlie Sheen was on it. Now, it's just plain ass stupid. I agree with you about Jon Cryer. He has gotten even MORE annoying. I don't remember him being in Pretty in Pink. But there's NO WAY I'm going to watch that piece of blech to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, google Ducky Pretty in Pink for a picture. It was a god-awful movie.

      Delete
    2. I did.
      Oh...my.
      Horrifying.
      Still, Molly Ringwald was hot.
      Not.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Munir, I know. I was scrolling through the guide and saw it, clicked on it and it said religion so I searched it online. Very strange.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.