Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

It Has Been Fun?

I have made a decision that could be a very good thing.

I have decided that it's time for me to go out into the big bad world.
For years, I have stayed home.
I do a lot of work at home.

But, my daughter is a senior now and I feel like contributing to the coffers.

I foresee a few bumps along the road to employment.

1. I have not worked in so long that I don't remember when I quit.
    I know where, which is good.
    I just can't remember the year, let alone the month or day to put down on a application.

2. Skills, or lack thereof.
     I don't type very fast. I never finished college. I can not run a backhoe.

3. Transportation
     I don't have a spare car, which I really hate to drive anyway. I live in the boonies so no public transportation.

But, I am determined. It may take a while and things will have to be figured out, but I can do it.

12 comments:

  1. I used to work in human resources, and parents returning to the workforce were considered a good thing.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I didn't know that. I always thought after so long out of the workforce employers looked on it as a bad thing. Good to know.

      Delete
  2. Awesome, Ruth! I know you'll come up with something - maybe it will be something you can do from home. Nowadays there's lots of that going on where folks work from home.
    If you do go "out" to work I know you'll be great with people - I always love the energy you have when I read your blog and somehow that makes me think you are a people person.
    Plus, maybe there's something that would relate to food since you are great in the kitchen too!

    Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading all about your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I am going to look at home and out. In fact, the school district wants an aide so that is an idea. I'd be off summers to do my gardening without working myself to death.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Good for you to want to go back to work.
    If you work close by, may be you can walk to work until you are ready to buy a car. You will do great with something that involves dealing with people. Good Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Munir. It's about a mile into town. I am sure I'll get it figured out.

      Delete
  4. lack of a car hit me in my young career. As soon as I got a car, I got out of the terrible job I was in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! You'd be surprised how valuable you'd be in the work force. Not having a car can be a bit of a speed bump (no pun intended), but all things can be overcome. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Al. There are rideshare vans around. I just have to find more about it.

      Delete
  6. I think this is great. Working will give you opportunities to meet new people and have new adventures.
    I am sure you will leap those hurdles
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mynx, Thanks. I hope so. I'm having a bit of self doubt today and I needed this comment.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.