Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Who Is This Phil Person You Speak Of?

Last week I saw a post on Facebook stating that everyone was changing their profile picture to Phil.
No last name.
Just Phil.

I am just left to wonder just who this Phil person is.
I had just been watching Better Off Ted on Netflix.
Do they mean that Phil?
Dr. Phil?

Turns out they mean that Phil guy from Duck Dynasty.

A week before that I saw this lady, they kept calling Miss Kay.
She was promoting a cookbook.
Honeyman says that it is probably the mother from Duck Dynasty.
They say her last name and he says that has to be her because that is their last name.

I am not here to say whether or not Phil should be allowed or not allowed to say what he said.

I hear Duck Dynasty and think "Oh." and tune it all out.

It's nice they make lots of money from duck calls.
It doesn't make me want to watch the show.

Unless it is the name Cher, Madonna, or Beyonce, I need a last name.
Do you know how long it took me to find out who the hell Snookie was?

I have enough reality.
And the few times I have attempted to watch reality TV, I found it really boring.

Example: Jack Osborne taking an entire show to put his contacts in.
I can do that in my bathroom without turning the TV on.

14 comments:

  1. I tune anything out about Duck Dynasty too. I'm laughing about Jack Osborne. Really? SO GLAD I do not own a TV.

    Be well, warm and blessed, Ruth.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, the first and last show of The Osbornes I ever watched.
      I am trying to stay warm. Temp is -1.
      You be well and blessed too.

      Delete
  2. I thought that I would be considered prejudiced if I tuned out Duck Dynasty. It turns out that I am not the only one who don't want to know any thing about that show. LOL
    Yes last names are very important except for few people like the ones you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe it is Snooki without an "e".

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I think it was rather random the way they took him off the show, I can't feel sorry for him. I'm not surprised by his comments, but I do not pity those who partake in bigotry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam, I have seen some people commenting that it's all a ratings ploy by A&E. Who knows?

      Delete
  5. As always, Ruth, you are so totally awesome, LOL! I'm with you on reality tv. I have enough reality at home. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a new year that treats you extra good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, stop, Yvonne. you are making me blush.
      you have a great Christmas and New Year too.

      Delete
  6. I guess I am the only one commenting so far that loves the show. The reasons why are really not that important and I don't bash anyone who doesn't watch it.. DD is the only reality TV that I do watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gossip_Grl, I know lots of people that watch it and love it.

      Delete
  7. I've never watched this show and have no desire to do so. If anything, all of this controversy makes me never want to watch it at all. It's days like this that my brain (and my IQ) thanks me for no longer subscribing to TV service. Good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABFTS, We got rid of the dish and just got a Roku to stream to the TV and they have a reality channel. I am not sure if it's free. Not interested enough to check.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.