Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

Excuse Me While I Have a Breakdown

I have to say that this year could use a serious do over.

From the beginning, my 2017 has been cursed.

I could not flush my toilet.
That is how my year started.
Tree roots grew into the septic drain line.

From there the ball kept rolling.

The steering wheel shaft went out on the truck.
Then, the left wheel bearing needed fixed.
Probably from driving the truck with no power steering.

Found out Honeyman's kidneys were getting worse and he had to see a nephrologist.

My oldest sister had a rare type of stroke.

Honeyman had a kidney biopsy.

And people are still arguing about Trump. EVERY DAY!

Sis went day to day and finally started to improve.

Honeyman got put on a high dose of Prednisone which helped the kidneys, but screwed up all kinds of other things.

Sis fell again and ended up dying.

Our health insurance decided months later, they were not going to cover as much of the biopsy and we could pay another $1200 of the bill.

And this weekend was completely awesome.
Yesterday was my birthday and the day before that would have been my sister's birthday which she shared with our dad.
He is still alive and is 76.
It was quite somber.

Talking about my sister helps me. Looking through pictures helps me.
But, sometimes it feels like she is the elephant in the room.
I guess that's okay.
I like elephants. I will talk to the elephant. I will discuss the elephant.

She'd probably like to be called a unicorn though.


Twitter is tough to be on. Her last tweet was a retweet of my raisin bread recipe.
Plus, she actually noticed my tweets.

I am getting tired of all the political rantings.
And people are getting their news from pictures with captions on social media.

And for the love of Pete, can we stop all this stupidity over the National Anthem and patriotism and taking a knee? How many people are complaining about not standing for it and are taking the playing of The Star Spangled Banner as an opportunity to go pee or get snacks?

Some days I am good. Other days I feel like I am going to crack.

I am already seeing the  "2017 has been a tough year, let's make 2018 a better year".
Quit doing this.
Every year I see this and the next year is worse.
It is like a challenge to the Gods: It's like You thought this was bad? I will show you bad.
And cause we are people and many people don't learn, this is what we get.

20 comments:

  1. You have indeed had a rough year. I am here when you need. I think she would prefer to be a unicorn...Hippo Birdie two ewe. Hugs to you. Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear things have been pretty crappy. I'll spare you the rant. You know how I feel about most of this stuff, including the political arguments based on a misspelled meme someone shared on Facebook.

    But yes, that bugs me too when someone says that maybe next year will be their year. Especially since we still have two whole months left before 2018. So... should we just not try in the next two months and hope something magically changes when January rolls around?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABFTS, thanks. I don't normally like to say much cause it feels like I am whining and nobody likes a whiner. But, blogging does help and I need to get back to doing it more.
      New year, new year is pretty goofy.

      Delete
  3. Yet you had a Happy Birthday. Thank goodness for that. You deserved it. And your sister deserves to be spoken of fondly, and she deserves the unicorn symbol.

    Love to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robyn. I appreciate the message you sent. I really don't know if they can't deal with the thought of her not being here or what it is. She was getting better and very few people saw how truly bad she was in the beginning. Unicorn is good. :)

      Love and hugs back atcha!

      Delete
  4. The year sure sounds like crap, even started with backed up crap. And that whole magic day thing the cat has made fun of every year. Stupid to think next year will be better. Pffft to the magic crap. Pfft to the political crap too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! It truly has been a tough year for you and sadly there are no guarantees 2018 will be a good one. Life is unfortunately not like that. I hope people around you "let" you talk about your sister and share memories of her. I think sometimes people have trouble with a grieving person and want them to be "over" their grief sooner than later. I hope other people see the elephant (or unicorn) in the room and bring up the subject and let you share your sister with them. If not, do it on your blog; I would like to know her more.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, I know. My dad is getting old and tired. But, you never can tell. My husband and daughter, mom and sister are good. Dad, to some extent. So, I have the ones that count. Her husband and children don't like to say much. They keep everything in. Thank you, Betty. I may do that. :)

      Delete
  6. I've had years like you have had and they suck. I do HOPE and pray, next year is better. Seems like when we get older, we're just going to have "those years" from time to time. It's how we weather them.

    I'm so sorry you lost your sister. My sister passed away totally by surprise in 2015 at the age of 56. I go on, but I miss her. I'm the only one left from my birth family. Sometimes I feel alone. Blogging helps. So never feel you shouldn't post what you really feel. Most of us, totally understand. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Debby. I am sorry about your sister. I am sorry you don't have family left. That really sucks. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t know why some people get dumped on and this year has been horrible for you and your family. I feel very sad to hear about your sister and that your dad has to endure the loss of his child. I don’t know what I could say to ease the stress and sadness you are experiencing except to say that it is nice to see you here and I hope you can rely on friends to help you through. I hope your hunny will be aok and keep my fingers crossed. Next year will still be tough because it will be the year of firsts without your sister. You have already experienced it with her birthday and Halloween but your Thanksgiving and Christmas is still coming up and this will be hard. For these times, it will be good to do things you know she enjoyed, play music she loved or a movie. Next year, I hope will be an easement in the pain you are dealing with and can start the slow healing process. I am thinking of you and hope you can find a way to talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit, thank you. In the case of my husband, the treatment won't fix it. It may buy him several more years though. A lot of people act oddly when I mention her name. It's nice to see you.

      Delete
  9. I've learned to not involve myself too much these days with the news and social media, and instead to put music, art and nature more into my life. You've had too much for anyone to handle. I hope you find the peace you need to heal. Take care sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I have not watched the news in I don't know how long. I read enough to keep current. But, it is depressing and sometimes I wish I didn't know. Facebook has funny memes and pictures that make me laugh too. If it wasn't for that and a few people on there, I doubt I would be there much. Thanks. You take care too.

      Delete
  10. I am completely agree with you, I am an amazing fan of your site, genuine guard post Keep making such stunning post,


    Thanks for sharing.



    Best dermatologist in jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only buy the best products when building a computer. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.