It's been a long time since I did one of these.
I've been missing my Ten Things Tuesday list.
There seems to be some strange rules people follow when on the internet. Some things are just OK and other things are so bad.
I am going to take a look at those things today.
Today's Ten Things Tuesday is all about rules~ internet rules.
1. Use horrible spelling and/or bad grammar, but under no circumstances should you use ALL CAPS.
ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IS YELLING, YOU KNOW. IT IS NEVER ABOUT THE FACT THAT SOMEONE MAY SEE THE CAPITAL LETTERS BETTER BECAUSE THEY DON'T SEE SO WELL. OR, BECAUSE, IN THE CASE OF MY HUSBAND, USING THE SHIFT KEY IS A PAIN AND IT IS EASIER(i.e. LAZY).
2. When you use the internet, manners are not important.
Be rude. After all, no one can see you. They can't bitchslap you through the monitor for your insensitive comments.
3. WebMD is the go to for medical advice.
Type in your symptoms and you are good to go. Except that your headache might be a brain tumor. You might need to check that out.
4. There are no such things as too many ads.
Between you and me, I zone most of them out so the joke's on them. By the way, if you click on one of the ads on my blog, I will make 10 cents. Click away. Shhh. If Blogger knows that I am asking for clicks, they won't give me my pennies.
5. Make a meme about a week, day, or year and circulate it without a date.
Is is Autism Awareness Week now when I see it or two months from now when someone else sees it and posts it? Or was it a few weeks before I saw it? That's OK. We don't need to know.
6. SPAM is just like hangers in your closet.
It multiplies. Do not be alarmed.
7. So people understand you are kidding, you must make a winky face or write jk.
If you don't, people will not know you are just kidding. Fonts don't show emotion, People!
8. Mail you want inevitably will end up in your junk folder and crap mail will make it into your inbox.
It's a scam to make sure you look through all your mail.
9. Google it!
If you don't know something, go to Google and only look at the first three pages, at most.
Sure another search engine might give you the answer. But, Google is where it is at. And the link you want might be on page 8, but why bother. It just takes time. Time that you could use to play Criminal Case on Facebook.
10. Changing passwords gets more and more complicated for security.
Never forget your password. Changing it involves special characters, upper case, lower case, numbers and some creativity to make it good and strong. Too weak. Ohh...too bad, so sad. Try again.
Oh, Internet, what would we do without you?
Have a great day!